For those that are following me, they already know that.
In this post, I would like to announce that the Full Stack playground is now accessible in early access on invitation for developers who want to contribute to our snippets public database (feel free to request for an invitation).
For developers, it’s a perfect tool to:
- Learn, discover, or become a Full Stack - By default, all snippets are public. Access to the core code: MongoDB queries, proxy, authentication, REST APIs... Explore all the backend possibilities and discover new things ;
- Share your work - Whether you want to brag with your last piece of code, or show a prototype to your boss, just share your snippet with the editor or deploy on a custom domain to make it live to the world ;
- Prototype and test - Try and fail with your code, for both front and back ends. Test an isolated piece of your project code. Prototype new ideas quickly without installing anything ;
Let me describe the current features of the playground
- Edition of a Node.js module with npm module dependencies -Create and tag your own snippets
- Edition of a Readme markdown file to describe snippet details
- Change editor layout as you want
- Create new snippet, Save, Fork or Delete a snippet
- Access Snippet list with basic search
- Share the snippet or search options using the URL
- Create public or private snippets
- Instant run of the Node.js module on a public cloud
- Preview of the Frontend and Backend in real-time
- Access to Frontend and Node.js backend console logs
I also plan to add new features soon, such as a ‘Deploy’ button to make live the snippet on a URL, adding Custom domain support. Also, I’ll add extend the snippet sharing feature. For now, a private snippet can only be viewed by its owner. Having a way to share a private snippet with several users seems to be a cool upgrade.
I want the Full Stack playground to remain FREE for public code snippets.
I need your help to communicate around it to get more visitors, so I can find some advertisement sponsoring to maintain a free version for all. You can help us by sharing the playground in your social networks or friends.
Also, feel free to provide me feedback, so I can improve it!