Podcast #107: We’re Just Trying to be Non-Terrible
Welcome to The Stack Overflow Podcast #107 recorded Thursday, April 27, 2017 at Stack Overflow HQ in NYC, where rats were invented! Anil Dash, CEO of Fog Creek and all around great guy, is joining us again. Probably only so that he can talk about Glitch and how amazing it is! (It is though, you should try it...) Today's shenanigans include:
- Special guests Jess Lee and Ben Halpern from the Practical Dev are in the studio to tell us all about their Developer Stories and journey to dev.to.
- Ben Halpern's website is a work of art that you must see to believe. Note: have your sound on. You're welcome.
- Ilana explains the need for Shabbat elevators in David's One Minute Tech Review. I have no idea how David has lived in NY for years and is just now learning about Shabbat elevators.
- Jay's Rant is all about hotel environmental pretenses but it somehow devolves into Anil calling Alpha Flight "bootleg X-Men." Don't @ me, Canada!
- Failure is Always an Option! We all make mistakes, and that is perfectly OK. Our very own Matt Sherman joins us to talk about programming and professional mistakes, and how we deal with them at SO. The gang then chimes in with their own. Some are funny, some are just dumb… David.
- We ask: Are all AI's bound to be racist?
- The Practical Dev dev.to - Where programmers share ideas and help each other grow. @ThePracticalDev
- make-a-diff, 1 pr
- Matt's alert(false); "LOL Debugging are we?" Meta Post
- Blameless Post Mortem
- FaceApp apologizes for making a racist AI
- Hey Squarespace and Casper, wanna sponsor us too?