Throughout this tutorial, We'll be learning how to build an Angular 10 CRUD application to consume a REST API, create, read, modify, and search data.
Download this tutorial as a PDF ebook for offline reading.
You can also read this tutorial online from:
Introducing our Angular 10 CRUD Application
We will learn how to build an Angular 10 front-end application that fetches data from a REST API of products:
- Each product has id, name, description, availability status.
- Users would be able to create, retrieve, update, and delete products.
- Users can search for products by name.
The REST API Endpoints
We'll be building an Angular 10 frontend app for a presumed REST API exporting the following REST API endpoints:
- POST /api/products create new product
- GET /api/products retrieve all products
- GET /api/products/:id retrieve a product by
- PUT /api/products/:id update a product by
- DELETE /api/products/:id delete a product by
- DELETE /api/products delete all products
- GET /api/products?name=[keyword] find all products which name contains the passed
All of them can work well with this Angular App.
Angular 10 CRUD App Structure
These are the components of our CRUD app:
Appcomponent is the parent of all other components and contains a
router-outletdirective where the router will be inserting any matched component. It also contains a navigation bar that contains links to the app routes using
ProductListComponent which displays the list of products.
ProductUpdateComponent which displays a form for editing product’s details by
ProductCreateComponent which displays a form for creating a new product.
The components use the
ProductService methods for actually making CRUD operations against the REST API. The service makes use of Angular 10
HTTPClient to send HTTP requests to the REST and process responses.
Top comments (0)