Justin and Jon are joined by Jason Fried to talk about:
- The philosophy behind their new book Shape Up.
- Does Basecamp's approach to 6-week cycles differ for smaller teams?
- "Long projects destroy morale. When things don't ship, you get frustrated." – Jason Fried
- Why projects ship late (it's human nature).
- Why work is like a hill.
- How they make product decisions at Basecamp.
- How do you know what you should work on next?
- Why they don't believe in backlogs.
- "That feeling of 'there's nothing to do, but there's everything to do' shouldn't be happening." – Jason Fried
- "You need a system at some point. When you have two people, you can hack your way to anything. But as soon as you grow, you'll need a system." – Jason Fried
- "What we have is not a perfect system. And even if it was, we don't execute these things perfectly." – Jason Fried
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ProfitWell's podcast Protect the Hustle has a new season!
- New sponsor: ActiveCampaign ! Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free.
- Jon's launch announcement tweet (from 2018).
- Read Basecamp's new book Shape Up.
- Jason Fried commented on this Linkedin post.
- Hill charts.
- Listen to Rework Podcast's "Shape Up Roundtable."
- Derek Sivers' new article: My old clothes don't fit
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Ben from narrowr.com
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Top comments (0)