Welcome beautiful people,
I hope you have a great week. Over the past week, I spent lots of time learning about Mono-Repos and Kubernetes. Thus, this newsletter will focus on Kubernetes Resources 😊
How this newsletter came about?
I just changed industry; from the blockchain space to DevOps. Thus, I have LOTs and lots to learn. So I decided to make my learning public. Yes, you read correctly, you can see some of my weekly notes right here.
Additionally, I provide a curated version of the resources that I come across in this weekly newsletter. So if you want to get started learning about DevOps and/or stay up-to-date with the resources out there, then you are definitely at the right place.
- kubectl commands walkthrough video — Create and Debug Pods in a Minicube cluster
- Are you as new as I am to different deployement strategies? If you have only heard of Canary, and you think blue-green deployment means taking a day off (I’m German and making a day blue is a thing) — then watch this video!
- My Blog post on Getting Started With Helm 3 Using React and Codefresh
- Building modern CI/CD workflows for serverless applications with Red Hat OpenShift Pipelines and Argo CD, Part 2 — Here is Part 1
- Working with kubectl, this cheatsheet comes quite handy. Additionally, if you are getting started with kubectl, this handbook is a great onboarding resource.
- Why you should not ignore .dockerignore
- If you are more into listening to use cases, takeaways, and in general, everything Kubernetes, have a look at the Kubernetes Podcast by Google
- To the men out there, I want to hear from you, how you plan to make the space more diverse! If you need some inspiration, check-out this podcast Celebrating Women in Agile
- Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine — This course is provided by Google + first 7 days are free
- Also, I am a big fan of Pluralsight. Nigel Poulton teaches several courses on Kubernetes, Docker, and everything around and in between
- Microservices World DevOps https://apiworld.co/conference/microservices-world/#speakers Oct 27, 2020 → Oct 29, 2020
- deploy by Digital Ocean Digital Ocean https://www.digitalocean.com/deploy/ Nov 10, 2020 → Nov 11, 2020
- Kubecon DevOps https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/ Nov 17, 2020 → Nov 20, 2020
We are all working towards making the space more accessible and diverse (and if you are not yet, time to change that!). Project who support minority groups play a crucial role in making this happen.
This community is not focused on DevOps but on the tech space overall. Give them a follow, shout-out on Twitter to help them become more visible.