I just want to tell you that rejection happens for all of us.
Whether you're a Bootcamp graduate or a 10x developer.
I think if you know one thing about me its that I'm AWS Obsessed and you may ask why don't I work at AWS? I've been told an endless amount of times by AWS employees to apply.
So have I ever tried? and the answer is Yes, more than you can imagine.
I apply to AWS all the time and no matter:
- how many free AWS videos I produce
- how many AWS courses I create
- how much I evangelize on Dev.to, Startup School and in Toronto
- how many CloudFormation templates I publish
- how many AWS Tech talks
- how many AWS Workshops
- how many contributions to the open-source docs
- how many times I rewrite my cover letters or resume
- how many startups I covert over to AWS
I just face waves of rejections 🌊. At this point, I simply hit apply to every AWS job posted in Toronto ritualistically. I have no reason to believe I will ever be considered.
the list goes on and on...
I talk about being able to hack the job interview. But this one company has alluded me. I am beyond the point of frustration a long time ago and just accept how things are.
Whenever I am feeling down, I utter the famous words of Commander Peter Quincy Taggart. Never Give up, Never Surrender.
Have any of you faced such a crazy amount of rejection?
👇 Share in the comments below. 👇