Connect Four (also known as Four Up, Plot Four, Find Four, Four in a Row, Four in a Line, Drop Four, and Gravitrips (in Soviet Union)) is a two-player board game in which the players first choose a color and then take turns dropping one colored disc from the top into a seven-column, six-row vertically suspended grid. The pieces fall straight down, occupying the lowest available space within the column. The objective of the game is to be the first to form a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line of four of one's own discs.
What are we going to focus on?
- for loops
- Array work
Rules of Connect Four
- You will start as player One
- You will take your go as player One
- You will not be allowed to go in squares that are not at the bottom of the grid, or do not have a taken square under it
- Once your go is taken and you did not win, It will be player Two's go
- The gamer will continue until a winning combination of four is reached by player One or player Two, or until the grid is full and no winning combination was found.
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/kubowania/connect-four
In this video I use Tabnine as my A.I autocompletion tool. You can download it for free here: http://bit.ly/tabnine-free
If you would like to buy me a coffee, well thank you very much that is mega kind! : https://www.buymeacoffee.com/aniakubow
-Sign up for weekly coding tips from my newsletter partnership: https://bit.ly/JS-tips
Oh and please do Subscribe and hit that bell button! It would mean a lot to me and motivate me to make more videos for you all!