I've been trying to get back to using web-apps as separate apps outside of my browsers for a few weeks. Each of them falls short of me moving away from browsers + profiles, and I thought sharing those would help someone else:
- Link handling UX is difficult to use and is REGEX based
- Userscripts UX also hard to use
- Notifications do not always work
- No tabs (deal breaker for e.g. Github)
- Sometimes new tabs do not work
- New tabs always show the toolbar permanently
- Uneven toolbar UI
- No custom User Agent configuration, Google stuff doesn't work
- Old, hasn't been updated in a long time!
Fluid is probably the best of the bunch right now, and I can use tabs (though the UI looks outdated and clunky) e.g. for Github which I feel tabbed browsing is a must.
WebCatalog has the most potential, if only they would find a way to allow tabs!