Gone are my baby dev days of hackathons and excitement over what I believed would be the next Facebook/Microsoft breakthrough. Working a 9-5 job as a developer is about as amazing any mostly indoor existence could be, but I miss coding for fun more than anything. I want to end the next 100 days (+/- 5 depending on procrastination) as a better, more involved developer.
I've had this idea in my head recently of a friend manager. So many of my friends have quit social media (including me), and it'd be nice to have a way of remembering different connections I've made over the years.
- Setup new svelte project
- Completed most of the tutorials
- Created a feature list
- Used local storage to save friends locally + with Svelte Stores
- Created new friend form
- Created friends list component
- Created ToggleContainer (higher order) to hide components when not needed
Stopping place: I am struggling with whether to create 2 separate creation/editing components. Using an id in the store to track who I'm editing makes sense, but I have two options:
- Pass in the "friend" properties as props to the CreateEdit component
- Use the "editFriendID" from the store to get the properties and pre-load the form with the right options.