I'd really like to know what's the state of Semantic Web technologies, primarily:
- Triple Store databases
- Linked Data
- Any kind of tools to work with these technologies
Company I'm working at is curious to build an enterprise technology and make use of linked data and public SPARQL endpoints. This all seems like a great idea on paper:
- Publicly available dictionaries
- Predefined models for triple store
- Free and open linked data
- Ability to find hidden relationships with triple store databases
But once I've started to do some research, it became clear that it's quite a niche technology, it lacks development tools, has small community, small amount of questions on Stack Overflow. Very few vendors that provide commercial support.
These all frustrate me.
So I'd like to hear what others think. Do you have some experience working with these technologies, if so, how is it?