I created a page on GitHub called Awesome Backlinks which has a number of ideas for where backlinks can be created. The purpose, in this case, is focused more on releasing a product or project and gaining awareness for a deliverable. These suggestions could be useful elsewhere, of course.
At this point I have around 16 ideas and intend to expand this list over time.
With that said, what ideas can you share for opportunities to create backlinks?
For convenience, I've included the current list below.
I also host various SEO-related workshops along with discussions on other technical topics online. Register via the Washington, DC CTO Meetup Group if this interests you. As these are held completely via Zoom being local to the DC area is not a requirement.
- Add a link on a page from your company website to the project
- Add a link on a page from your blog to the project
- Twitter (social signal)
- LinkedIn Company Updates - Add a URL to the project will be available for indexing (shortened links are considered redirects by Google).
- LinkedIn Group Posts - Do NOT count as backlinks but may help to bring awareness to a project.
- LinkedIn Personal Posts - Do NOT count as backlinks but may help to bring awareness to a project.
- Write an article on _____ and backlink to the project.
- [WANTED: Other sites here]
- Answer questions on Quora and link to the project.
- Send email to group mailing lists (project awareness, may be indexed if the mailing list is is archived and publicly available).
- Create a video and release it on YouTube and link to the project in the description.
- Find appropriate awesome-[x] lists and add a link to your project there.
- Find complimentary projects and add the backlink to the README in a "See Also" section or where appropriate. Note that reciprocity is likely welcomed.
- Talk about the project in a podcast and request that the project backlink be added in the details.
- [Podcasts WANTED]
- Talk at a meetup.com event and request that the project backlink be added in the details.
- Post on Facebook (for referral traffic, see also https://monitorbacklinks.com/blog/seo/facebook-backlinks )
- Showcase the project including the backlink on Google My Business
Top comments (0)