Business these days can’t just survive without an online presence and a strong one I just must say. So, when it comes to building a strong digital presence the website development and app development are the outcomes people opt for. Even the smallest of the small business have their own website and mobile app. If you have been missing out on this trend, buckle up and get ready to hire a web and mobile app development company. Well, there are some decisions to be taken before coming to the conclusion of website and application development. One of the essentials is to choose the programming language. The trending languages are PHP and Python and both are equally good. I know what you might be thinking, you can’t hire both PHP developer and Python developer and get your site build in two different languages. So, what to do? Here is a comparative study of both the languages, decide yourself which one suits your need better.
1) PHP as a programming language is quite easy and rapid to learn. It's easy to get PHP training and implementing the training experience in the real time is also simple. The learning span is short and the developer can get started on the go. PHP can be easily mastered and productivity can be enhanced in an agile manner. Coming to python, if you are looking to commit for the long term then only you should opt for it. It takes time to learn python and get started with it. However, you can reap maximum benefit with python language compared to that with PHP.
2) We discussed that PHP is an easy language but it's not a compatible one. Only the developers with sound knowledge and an ample amount of experience can build a great software with PHP. However, PHP as a language has some limits. Coming to Python, there are several things which keeps it out of any limitations and compared to PHP it is designed in a commendable manner. Web and app development with PHP is a clumsy task whereas with Python instead of clumsy its very easy.
3) Coming to the readability aspect, PHP is complicated to read and understand. The approach for web and app development is very classic and is documented excessively making it complicated to read. Python makes use of indentation which makes it more comfortable from the readability aspect. So, looking from the readability point of view, Python is considered to be superior to PHP.
4) The next point of comparison is hosting. PHP hosting is easy to find and almost present everywhere. Coming to Python my friend, its way too much expensive and finding it is difficult as well.
5) When coming to outburst with real-time apps then PHP is considered more feasible than Python. The king of social media Facebook is built on PHP which makes it one of the most popular languages for app development. Coming to python, it offers very restricted options with a specific set of functions and features. This is the reason why more developers are undergoing live project training for PHP and intending to shape their career as a PHP developer.
6) Coding is better with Python especially when you are looking for elegance. Coding is complex with PHP. Hence this is the point of comparison where python ranks higher.
Well, you have seen the entire comparison, I don’t want to hang you with a diplomatic answer without appropriate conclusion. Overall PHP is considered to have an upper hand over Python. For ease and agile work PHP is preferred and for better reliability Python is preferred. Make your choice wisely.