EDIT: This post is no longer valid, as we've replaced the concept of follow weights with a simplified feature for muting unwanted tags called hidden tags. You can learn more about this feature in the following changelog post.
It's quite common for folks on DEV to ask how they can ignore or see less of a certain tag. Well, I'm happy to say that there is a solution available that can help you!
To ignore a tag you must:
- Follow the tag! (Yes, I realize this is a bit unintuitive.)
- Navigate to you Dashboard and click Following Tags.
- Find the tag you want to see less of and adjust the follow weight of the tag so that it's in the negative.
- Click the button "Update Weights".
- Look for the tag and see the "Anti-follow" signifier that sits beside the tags name.
For example, here's a picture of what it looks like when I'm anti-following #codeequality:
If you'd like to see me walk through these steps via video, then watch this embedded Loom:
If you have any feedback or questions, don't hesitate to comment below!