We're back with a brand new episode of DevNews!
S7:E6 - The Growth of Online Romance Scams, Facebook’s Content Moderation 'Sweatshop,’ and More
As a refresher, DevNews is the news show for developers by developers. Each season, our hosts cover the latest in the world of tech, and speak with diverse guests from a variety of backgrounds to dig deep into meaty topics such as security, the pros and cons of outsourcing your authentication, and the latest bugs and hacks.
- @saronyitbarek is the founder of Disco, founder of CodeNewbie host of the CodeNewbie Podcast, and co-host of the base.cs podcast.
- @joshpuetz is the Principal Software Engineer at Forem — the open source community software that powers DEV, CodeNewbie and a growing number of other online communities.
- Aunshul Rege is an Associate Professor and Director of the Cybersecurity in Application, Research, and Education (CARE) Lab at Temple University. Her research and education projects, which have been funded by several National Science Foundation grants, focus on the relevance of the human factor in cyberattacks and security.
- Billy Perrigo is a staff writer at TIME magazine focused on covering big tech and artificial intelligence.
In this episode, we talk about Google’s move to get your mobile apps to stream on their other devices. Then we speak with Aunshul Rege, associate professor with the Department of Criminal Justice at Temple University, about the rise of online dating scams and the incredible amounts of money people get swindled out of. Then we speak with Billy Perrigo, Staff Writer for TIME, about his piece titled, “Inside Facebook’s African Sweatshop.”
You can follow DevNews to get episode notifications and listen right in your feed — or subscribe on your platform of choice! Plus, if you leave us a review, we'll send you a free pack of thank-you stickers. Details here.
Quick Listening Links
- @levisharpe for producing & mixing the show
- Our Season 7 Sponsors: Scout APM & The Stack Overflow Podcast.
We hope you enjoy our show this week! 📰
Top comments (0)