My development environment is based mainly on Spring Boot and its excelent Vaddin integration. This allows me to use quite large tool infrastructure Spring Boot is surrounded with.
My primary idea is to create PWA application using latest Vaadin 13 version that can be used as a counterpart for other existing CRM / DMS systems I run. This will cover several topics I have to deal with in some way. And this series is a way how to document this process.
Steps supposed for building the application (subject to change)
- preparing the stack - what we are going to use actually?
- create app skeleton
- create basic application UI structure
- going live for the first time - life behind SSL
- display data using app-layout addon
- create dummy backend simulating external system
- adding authentication
- going offline
- ... next to come
A GitLab repository with codebase used in this series is located here.