I have a fairly poor memory when it comes to memorizing shortcuts, passwords and all things acronym.
Tech has SO many of these that I finally decided it would just be best to list them all here and I will reference them when my memory fails me.
I'll be adding to this list from time to time so feel free to comment your own abbreviated tech-related jargon and I'll add it to the list below. Each term is linked to its Wikipedia page for a quick reference.
- API - Application Programming Interface
- AR - ActiveRecord
- CLI - Command Line Interface
- CRUD - Create Read Update Delete
- CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- DB - Database
- DOM - Document Object Model
- DRY - Don't Repeat Yourself
- ERB - Embedded Ruby
- HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTTP - HyperText Transfer Protocol
- IDE - Integrated Development Environment
- IIFE - Immediately Invoked Function Expression
- MVC - Model-View-Controller
- NPM - Node Package Manager
- OOP - Object Oriented Programming
- ORM - Object-Relational Mapping
- REGEX - REGular EXpression
- REST - REpresentational State Transfer
- SQL - Structured Query Language
- XML - Extensible Markup Language