This is the blog version of this video.
To watch the YouTube video, check
Two important changes in Docker Terms of Service, that will take effect from November 1, 2020
Images stored, in free Docker Hub Repositories, that have not had their manifest, pushed, or pulled in the last 6 months, will be removed!
This will be only applied to free accounts, not to paid subscription accounts, Docker verified publishers and docker official images
Docker will provide a set of tools and services, to help developers to view and manage their images
- image management dashboard
- email notification service for images that are set to expire
- restoration, for recently deleted images
Don't worry :)
- Anonymous free plan users: 100 pulls per 6 hours
- Authenticated Free Plan Users: 200 pulls per 6 hours
- PRO/Team Plan users: Unlimited
This should not impact you if you use Docker Hub in a normal way, but if you have some sort of automated tools, that do a lot of pulls in short periods, you better know this :)