Test strategy outlines general ways of and approaches to testing, describes the main issues and improvements of the testing process. This is a plan of a system or module testing, based on the functional specifics and dependence from other system or platform components.
Being the key document for any testing team, it, as a rule, answers the following questions:
• Does the functionality-under-test work?
• What actions must be performed, what tools should be used to achieve testing objectives?
• What exactly functionality will be tested?
• When can the results of this testing process be expected?
• How to minimize testing costs?
No wonder that test strategy is an essential part of the general testing plan. Sometimes, a customer wants to control the testing process to reveal possible misinterpretation of the testing issues at the early stage. Test strategy together with the testing plan provides a clear and full picture of the whole process and gives:
- Test tasks analysis and their division into components.
- Test section definition.
- More precise insight into testing issues.
This is the right time to plan your next test strategy, right?