Fusuma v2 is released! 🎉
iberianpig / fusuma
Multitouch gestures with libinput driver on Linux
Fusuma is multitouch gesture recognizer This gem makes your linux able to recognize swipes or pinchs and assign commands to them.
襖(Fusuma) means sliding door used to partition off rooms in a Japanese house.
- Easy installation with RubyGems
- Defining Gestures and Actions in YAML
- Sensitivity setting (threshold, interval) for gesture recognition
- Automatic device addition for reconnecting external touchpads
- Extension of gesture recognition by plugin system
Grant permission to read the touchpad device
IMPORTANT: You MUST be a member of the INPUT group to read touchpad by Fusuma.
$ sudo gpasswd -a $USER input
Then, You apply the change with no logout or reboot.
$ newgrp input
For Debian Based Distros (Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Pop!OS)
1. Install libinput-tools
libinput release 1.0 or later.
$ sudo apt-get install libinput-tools
2. Install Ruby
Fusuma runs in Ruby, so you must install it first.
$ sudo apt-get install…
There are a lot of updates in Fusuma v2.
- Performance improvements with multiprocessing and IO multiplexing.
- Real-time continuation gestures
- Contextual switching of gesture settings and other enhancements!
You can update Fusuma with the gem command.
No need to use
sudo if you haven't installed it using system-wide Ruby.
$ sudo gem update fusuma
If you have any installed Fusuma plugins, update them all.
List fusuma plugins
$ sudo gem list fusuma-plugin- fusuma-plugin-keypress (0.4.1) fusuma-plugin-sendkey (0.6.2) fusuma-plugin-wmctrl (0.4.3)
Update fusuma plugins
$ sudo gem update fusuma-plugin-sendkey fusuma-plugin-wmctrl fusuma-plugin-keypress
More powerful tweaks with Fusuma v2!🦾
Some useful features have been available using the v2 API.
- App-specific gesture settings (iberianpig/fusuma-plugin-appmatcher)
- Mac OS style three-finger drag
- Windows-style 3-finger swipe to switch windows
- Swipe/rotate to adjust volume and change brightness.
I will write a series of articles about these configuration details.
↓ BTW, I realized that three-finger drag was really useful after I implemented it.
Watch Fusuma Wiki🤓
Some configs have already been added to the fusuma Wiki.
Anyone can edit this Fusuma Wiki.
It also contains settings for various distributions or WM(Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pop!_OS, KDE, i3...). If you find any valuable configurations, please share them on Fusuma Wiki. I look forward to seeing new tips.
Top comments (0)