Last year we hosted close to 270 online meetups with IBM Developer worldwide teams on our Crowdcast channel. A small fact – we hosted our first online meetup on May 17, 2018. One of the main reasons we started hosting online meetups (way before the Covid-19 pandemic) is to offer developer education to communities worldwide (and that’s also how you scale).
Among all the events we hosted three online developer summits. The format of a developer summit is a half-day event with speakers from various companies covering various topics. The summits also include a hands-on workshops. Below I’m sharing the agenda and links to summit replays from last year. I believe the summits provide high-quality developer education and I encourage you to watch the replays.
- Explainability in neural networks – Lavanya Shukla (Weights & Biases)
- Improve Communication Apps with Machine Learning! – Lizzie Siegle (Twilio)
- Hands-on workshop
- Testing Machine Learning Models in Production – Eric Schles
- Predict the Future with Watson Studio AutoAI – Jenna Ritten (IBM)
- Realtime Object Detection in the Browser with TensorFlow.js – Nicholas Bourdakos (IBM)
- Keynote – CRDs and Operators: Understanding Kubernetes Extensibility – Josh Wood, Developer Advocate (Red Hat)
- Panel – Istio in the Enterprise with Ram Vennam, Lin Sun, Mofi Rahman. Moderated by Dave Nugent
- Interactive Workshop: Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift, Nigel Brown (IBM)
- Security as Code for Kubernetes – Tracy Walker (NeuVector)
- Making the Business Case for DevOps – Dan Garfield (Codefresh)
- Why Cloud Native Requires Chaos Engineering, Ana Margarita (Gremlin)
- Building Cloud Native Apps with Knative and TektonCD – Carlos Santana (IBM)
- Cloud Native Hands-on Workshop – Alex Parker (IBM)
- 10 useful techniques to make sense of Istio – Lin Sun (IBM)
- Service Mesh and Enterprise Level Design – Shweta Vohra (IBM)
- Serverless Deployment of a Reactive Microservice to the Modern Cloud Infrastructure – Mary Grygleski (IBM)
If you want to know what’s coming up next, follow us on our Crowdcast channel.