I've been on multiple projects at my current workplace and am wondering if other people have the same signs that a project is sunsetting. Note: I'm not a lead, so I'm one of the ones that only officially knows day-of that I'm being reassigned.
Common themes from my past projects:
- The PM gets another team and blows off your meetings in favor of theirs
- Possibly includes other shared services style people like scrum masters, lawyers, marketing, customer service types, that sort of thing
- Recurring meetings are updated regularly to extend the end date another month
- The pressure to have a fleshed out backlog of work eases up
- Note: you must still maintain the appearance of a backlog to not make the grunts suspicious
- Whether or not things are fully vetted (and whether or not anyone higher up cares) before being marked ready is the larger indicator
- (on a ridiculously large team) Multiple people are being spun off in waves
And my possible one from today which prompted this post: One-off events that are taking time away from engineering are not to be rescheduled for after the release because of Reasons. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
People who have been through multiple reassignments or project ends, what have you noticed as a trend?