If you're like me, you might find it difficult to study data structures and algorithms. It's especially hard in the beginning because you probably won't be very good at them, which will make you want to do them even less. That's what it's like for me. I'm not very where I want to be in terms of data structures and algorithms skill level. To get better will require practice, but how can I practice if I never want to do them?
Here are some tips on how to stay motivated:
1) Realize you won't stay motivated very long. Motivation is great in the beginning but it slowly fades away because keeping up long motivation is tiring.
2) Set up a routine! Instead of relying on pure motivation, build up a routine. It could be just completing 1 Leetcode problem a day. You can set a minimum you need to accomplish for the day.
3) Try not to memorize problems but instead figure out how you worked up to that problem. What were the steps that lead you to that solution?
4) Occasionally come back to problems you've done before. Refreshing your memory of how you solved a certain problem is a good idea, and it won't take you very long if you already know how to solve it.
5) Give yourself time. Cramming 8 hours a day may work for you but you have to ask yourself if you're actually retaining anything.
Thank You for reading. If you have some experience doing algorithm and data structure interviews leave a comment down below! I would love to hear about your experience!
Top comments (0)