Many businesses are burdened by an excessive amount of testing data. In that circumstance, it becomes impossible to distinguish between what is valuable, and what is noise.
Therefore, having an effective reporting system in place in your company will ensure that all data is properly gathered and transformed into actionable insights.
This article will walk you through the benefits of test reporting, and the top 7 test reporting tools that are currently available on the market.
Test reporting is a critical element of the product release process because it allows stakeholders to make informed judgments about whether a product, feature or defect resolution is ready for release.
A test reporting tool is an important part of the testing process that outlines the key activities carried out during the testing lifecycle for any release and the overall results of testing. It helps identify critical information about testing, such as the scope of testing, the tests that were performed, the defects that were discovered, and the overall quality recommendations.
- User interface (UI): Is it clean and easy to use?
- Usability: How simple is it to learn and master? Is the company’s tech support, tutorials, and training up to par? Is it flexible to be compatible with a wide range of various automation testing tools?
- Functionality and features: Reporting and analytics: Can team members provide comprehensive and relevant reports on test results and progress throughout the testing process?
- Value: Is the price reasonable in relation to the features, capabilities, and use case? Is the price straightforward, transparent, and adaptable?
Katalon TestOps is the most open and comprehensive platform for businesses of all sizes for _ Test orchestration, Test Analytics, and Built-in dashboards advanced reports. _
TestOps allows you to organize diverse software testing operations, cycles, and frameworks. By doing so, you can assure software quality at every stage without sacrificing speed or necessitating DevOps expertise.
- Easy-to-use UI with reporting-centric features for teams of all sizes
- Seamless integration with most of the popular testing frameworks (TestNG, JUnit, Bamboo, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Integrations with managements platforms (Jira, Slack) and SDK and REST APIs that supercharge effective team collaboration
- Full picture on quality through shareable dashboards with metrics that matter most to your team
- Robust failure analysis of test case through rich execution reports with HAR files, videos, screenshots, execution logs, error messages, and artifacts
- Real-time data monitoring and customizable alerts to act early on any rising issues
ReportPortal is an AI-powered platform developed by developers at EPAM and elsewhere in the open-source community that enables testers and key project stakeholders to organize and examine all of their testing data and reports in one location.
- Flexibility to allow many report types (SQL reports, OLAP reports, Crystal reports, SSRS reports)
- Great roadmap awareness and time to market which consistently fills the gaps of features/functionality missing from the native Microsoft BI stack
- Smooth integration with frameworks like Node.js, SoapUI, SpecFlow, ScalaTest, etc.)
Functionize is an intelligent testing platform that helps testers build AI-powered tests that self-heal and scale in the cloud. Its combination of several ML models and Word-to-Vec NLP makes it very user-friendly.
- One-click SmartFix helps to detect test failures instantly
- Live Debug allows for live interaction when your test runs on the VM using breakpoints
- TestRail uses central dashboards that keep track of all requirements
Allure TestOps is a platform for software quality management that combines automated and manual testing.
- Collect real-time test results from the build server during the build job’s execution
- Start, stop, and rerun build jobs from Allure TestOps on build servers
- Import test results directly from IntelliJ IDEA
As this tool has limitations in integrating with the iOS system, carefully consider this option if you are using an iOS device. Additionally, since there are not many tutorials available in the documentation, some features may take more time to master.
Testim is a commercial end-to-end software testing platform that leverages artificial intelligence to enable developers and testers to quickly automate functional tests. Software quality guidelines can be followed on the web with this web-based platform as well.
- AI-based stabilizers eliminate resource-intensive flaky tests
- Tests can be triggered on-demand, on a schedule, or as part of your continuous integration processes
- Classification of failed runs with reason codes to better understand the failure pattern
Testim is an intuitive solution for non-coding experts in your team to enhance the business flows and testing coverage. However, the lack of running mobile tests on Firefox, Safari, and Edge may hold you back from deploying this tool.
SpiraTest is an integrated quality assurance, test, and requirements management solution that tracks and manages your project’s requirements, test cases, releases, defects, and issues. It includes plugins for several popular automation tools, including UFT, TestComplete, Ranorex, and Selenium.
- Responsive SpiralTest cloud deployment and desktop deployment on Windows
- Built-in support/integration with Microsoft DevOps
- Integration with GitHub for transferring and storing large data in a timely manner
SpiraTest is a useful tool for performing software tests in a simple way. It eliminates risks and boosts efficiency in project management from start to finish, allowing you to achieve your goals and carry them out in the best way possible. Furthermore, its implementation adjusts to professional requirements as well as multiple Windows versions.
Extent Reports, created by Anshoo Arora, is a configurable HTML report that can be integrated into Selenium WebDriver utilizing the JUnit and TestNG frameworks.
- Stepwise and pie chart representation in a customizable HTML report
- Displays the test case execution time in the report
- Smooth integrations with frameworks such as TestNG and JUnit
When compared to the built-in reports generated by JUnit and TestNG, Extent Reports have various advantages, such as pie chart depiction, stepwise test report generation, screenshot addition, etc., at every test step and a presentable user interface that can be shared with all project stakeholders.
Choosing the right test reporting technology can help your team automate tests quicker and more efficiently.
Stay updated on tools and frameworks that offer the best functionality for test reporting. A robust solution should be able to work with a wide range of programming languages, mobile platforms, and connectors. Furthermore, a TestCloud should be sufficient to facilitate massive amounts of data storage for testing data.
With those requirements in mind, Katalon TestOps is your ultimate solution for test reporting. Integrating with mainstream testing frameworks, TestOps gives testing and DevOps teams full visibility of their tests, resources, and environments; and orchestration tools to manage tests and quality insights.