Tutorial at: Reactjs Nodejs MongoDB CRUD Example
In the tutorial, I introduce how to build an “React.js Nodejs CRUD MongoDB Example” project with the help of Ajax to POST/GET/PUT/DELETE requests with step by step coding examples:
– Nodejs project produces CRUD RestAPIs with MongoDB database using the supporting of Mongoose ODM.
– React.js project will consume the Nodejs CRUD RestAPIs by Ajax then show up on Reactjs component’s views.
– I draw a fullstack overview Diagram Architecture from React.js Frontend to MongoDB database through Nodejs RestAPI backend.
– Develop Nodejs CRUD RestAPIs with the supporting of Mongoose ODM.
– Implement Reactjs CRUD application with Ajax fetching APIs to do CRUD request (Post/Get/Put/Delete) to Nodejs Backend APIs.
– I create a testsuite with a number of integrative testcases with CRUD RestAPI requests from Reactjs to do CRUD requests to Nodejs RestAPIs Server and save/retrieve data to MongoDB database.
- We build a backend: Nodejs CRUD Application with MongoDB that provides RestAPIs for POST/GET/PUT/DELETE data entities and store them in MongoDB database.
- We implement React.js CRUD Application that use Ajax to interact (call/receive requests) with Nodejs CRUD application and display corresponding data in Reactjs Component.
We have 4 main blocks for the application:
- For building RestAPIs in Nodejs application, we use Express framework.
- For interacting with database MongoDB, we use Mongoose ODM.
- We define APIs URL in router.js file
- We implement how to process each API URL in controller.js file
- We use Bootstrap and JQuery Ajax to implement frontend client.
- React.js components let you split the UI into independent, reusable pieces, and think about each piece in isolation.
- Ajax is used by Reactjs component to fetch (post/put/get/delete) data from remote restapi by http request
Reactjs CRUD Application defines 5 components:
- Home.js is used serve as the landing page for your app.
- AppNavbar.js is used to establish a common UI feature between components.
- CustomerList.js is used to show all customers in the web-page
- CustomerEdit.js is used to modify the existed customer
- App.js uses React Router to navigate between components.
Tutorial: Reactjs Nodejs MongoDB CRUD Example