This post is about my experience with Java Certifications and I´m assuming that content could be applied in other areas/certifications.
These were my "why" to try and take some certifications
- Better understanding of technology
- Enhance my developer skills
- Have a better CV
- In a interview you can go deeply in some topics and show what you know about.
- Write articles and participate on discussion topics about technologies and not only be a reader.
- Back in time, more precisely in 2006 was very tough to take maybe because was my first the Java Programmer 1.4 and was very anxious and had afraid to fail, it could be happened.
- Have time to study and sometimes create brain muscle to study every or 5 times a week at least.
- Try using great mocks, because on my last try I bought one mock that give a bunch of wrong answers and I fail on the test.
- Fail is normal more than I thought, the thing to do is have a time for you review the failed topics, study be calm and schedule another test.
All my certifications are related with Java and check out below:
|2015||Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect|
|2008||Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java Platform EE 1.3|
|2007||Sun Certified Business Component Developer for the Java Platforn, EE 1.3|
|2007||Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java Platform, EE 1.4|
|2005||Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.4|
- Do it by yourself because in my case the certifications having me help until nowadays to thing how to solve problem no matter how old I took.
Thank you by your time reading my post. If you've any question, please let me know.