Kali Linux is geared for users who aim to meet the requirements of professional penetration testing and security auditing. It is completely free and has many amazing new features. Recently, Kali Linux 2021.2 was released. You can upgrade an existing install or start a new install.
Several notable new items that I wanted to call out in this release are:
- Releasing Kaboxer v1.0 - Introducing Kali Applications Boxer v1.0! Applications in containers
- Releasing Kali-Tweaks v1.0 - Our way to make it easier to configure Kali Linux to your taste
- Disabled privileged ports - Opening a listener on ports 1024/TCP-UDP and below no longer requires super-user access
- Theme enhancements - We added a way to quickly swap between double & one-line terminal prompt and made Xfce4 Quick launch + file manager tweaks
- Desktop wallpaper & login background updates - Default images have changed with more to choose from
- Parallels support - Kali is fully supported for Apple M1 users who have Parallels
I have created a video to show you all of this awesome stuff together!
Video (24 mins)
Stay connected with me on social platforms for daily software development news.