Are you interested in learning blockchain? but unfortunately, you don't know anything about software development? I know the feeling!
Not having a software development background and still wanting to learn blockchain is really scary - I know the feeling! There are a few online courses on blockchain certification from Upgrad, Blockchain Council, IIT Hyderabad and SOO MANY INSTITUTES! but they ask for a lot of money (I have paid INR 150,000 for an 11-month course myself) But if you are someone who is okay to spend some money and get 'the certificate', okay - good for you. You can stop reading ahead, sorry to waste your time!
Honestly, the blockchain industry is asking for projects rather than those fancy certificates (believe me, I have a few and it does not work!) So I am going to tell you my plan => what I did to learn software development and blockchain development in hyperledger fabric and ethereum!
Here are some of the "BEST" Udemy courses under INR 500
- Everything Node.Js: https://www.udemy.com/course/nodejs-the-complete-guide/learn/lecture/11738940#overview
- Everything Ethereum: https://www.udemy.com/course/blockchain-developer/learn/lecture/18410154#content
- Everything Hyperledger Chaincodes 2.0: https://www.udemy.com/course/golang-chaincode-development/
The above list is more than 100 hours and should keep you busy for a few weeks!
You should also follow some of the speakers on Youtube who talk a lot about the latest and greatest in blockchain and programming -
- Academind: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJbGtTlrDami-tDGPUV9-w (before buying the course on Udemy, watch his EXTENSIVE videos on youtube)
- DAppUniversity: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0xL8V6NzzFcwzHCgB8orQ (Great guy to follow ethereum)
- MITOpenCourses: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEBb1b_L6zDS3xTUrIALZOw (your basics of programming - all free courses from MIT)
- Telusko: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59K-uG2A5ogwIrHw4bmlEg (great person to learn basic programming)
Of course, I am not an expert, but if you are like me who does not know anything about software development and want to start learning blockchain, I can relate to what you have in mind! So I can suggest you do the following to get started:
- Search that EXACT course on Youtube and watch the first 7-10 hours for free!!
- Go through the youtube of DAppUniversity (he is a good guide for Ethereum)
- Go through the ethereum course I mentioned on Udemy (maybe even buy it)
- Solve your basics that you don't understand using MITOpencourses, Academind and Telusko on youtube
- Checkout the Hyperledger fabric course I mentioned on Udemy
The above 7 steps are more than 100 hours of learning for less than INR 2,000!! This should give you a very good background of software development and blockchain (especially Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric)
Once you start, you will be really confused for the first few weeks! *But hold on! *
CHEAT CODE => Open the Udemy links on Incognito Mode in Google Chrome to save your money!
FEELING LUCKY? => Uninstall your Windows OS and load a Linux Distro! Totally worth learning!
Everything you need to do after installing Linux: https://youtu.be/MNX7HgcWqHc
Some 'must-have' applications for your new Linux: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5cvg9XKEL8&feature=youtu.be
Again, I am not an expert - I have just gone through the struggle and I would like to save your money LOL :)