Initially, my website (https://www.nishantwrp.com) was a simple vue application where almost everything was hardcoded. I didn't take advantage of Vue at all.
But recently I revamped my site and some of the major changes I made are
Migrated To Gridsome - I used Gridsome which is a static site generator for Vue. Doing this had many benefits like
- SEO Friendly site
- Easier to integrate with content management systems
- Faster Site
- Using a CMS - I started using Contentful as a CMS to manage content easily.
- PWA - Because PWAs are cool!
- Gridsome - I have used gridsome as the main framework.
- Contentful - I have used Contentful as the CMS for this site.
- Vue Js - Well this is obvious by the fact that I'm using Gridsome.
- Vuetify - I have used Vuetify as the UI framework.
- Gitalk - I used gitalk as a commenting system for my posts.
This was my first time working with a Static Site Generator. And I totally loved the experience and plan to use Gridsome in my future projects as well.
This was my first time using an external CMS as well. I really liked how a CMS can make things organized.
I would really like to hear some feedback about this site.
PS: Thanks to the awesome people who gave feedback on the site here https://dev.to/nishantwrp/website-feedback-55bd