✅Join us - https://sendfox.com/thetestingacademy
In this video, We are discussing XPath in selenium webdriver and we are going to master them one by one.
✅ What is XPath?
- XPath can be used to navigate through elements and attributes in an XML document.
- XPath is a syntax for defining parts of an XML document
- XPath uses path expressions to navigate in XML documents
- Mastering XPath/ CSS is essential for the Selenium test automation engineers to locate dynamic web elements, elements without ids or names and elements with dynamic ids and names.
✅ Why do we need to learn many XPath?
Locating elements with partially static attribute values
Locating elements with respect to a known element
Locating elements without attributes or without unique attributes
XPath can do bidirectional navigation (Going forward and backward)
✅ Types of XPath
- Absolute XPath starts with the root break when minor structural changes lengthier and hence they are not readable /html/body/header/div/a /html/body/header/div/a
- Relative Xpath Relative XPaths are started with two forward slashes ‘// locating elements with respect to a element with known (solid) XPath //form/div[@id =’divUsername’]/input Absolute XPaths are faster than the relative XPaths
🚀 Day 11 Task : Mastering XPATH for Selenium Testers
🚀 Thread : https://scrolltest.com/automation/day11
🚀 All Task List : https://scrolltest.com/automation/task
🚀 Watch Full Playlist : https://scrolltest.com/automation/playlist
Be sure to subscribe for more videos like this!
Top comments (0)