Docker is one of the most widely used container-based technologies. It is a tool that helps to create, deploy, and run applications by using containers.
Containers make it easy for the developers to build the application with all its dependencies and libraries and ship it out as one package. But with new technologies come new vulnerabilities.
Below are the few attacks related to docker, its vulnerabilities, and mitigations explained.
- Privilege Escalation in a host using docker
- Dangling volumes
- Exploiting Docker Private Registry
- Accessing Docker Secrets In Environment Variables
- Exploiting Docker Daemon API
- Container Escape Using Privileged Flag
A more detailed version along with how you can avoid these vulnerabilities is published at https://beaglesecurity.com/blog/article/docker-container-security.html