Some FTP software doesn’t show hidden files such as .htaccess files by default. In this blog, you will see how to unhide dotfiles in FTP client like WinSCP and Filezilla.
NOTE: Dotfiles are normally hidden for a reason. If someone editing it without any knowledge then it causes a break in the server. If you know properly then only can you use it.
Open WinSCP FTP Client.
- From the menu bar at the top the screen select Options then Preferences.
- Select Panels from the left column.
- Tick to Show hidden files.
- In the panel on the right showing the remote site, you should now see all files including hidden ones.
Open the Filezilla FTP client.
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen select Server.
- Select Force showing hidden files.
- In the Remote Site panel on the right, you should now see all of your files including any hidden ones.
Bingo !!! From now you know how to unhide files in FTP clients such as WinSCP & FileZilla.
You can also read it from here:
Share with your mates and create a healthy network. 😉