I am a freelance developer and I've generated more than 100 apps in different languages and architectures, using automation developer tools, HTML parsing, and simple UI-Ready boilerplate code enhanced with basic modules (authentication, database, tooling).
The free ones are published on Github under MIT License (free, unlimited copies allowed) and I will mention a few here, in this article.
Thank you! Content provided by AppSeed - App Generator.
I decided to build an automation workflow, based on my freelancing experience from the last two years, mostly based on the feedback and clients requirements:
- The clients constantly require a variety of designs to choose from
- Apps should be delivered in modern technologies (this makes my life easier, but is not true in all cases)
- Legacy apps migration to newer technologies using low budgets.
To solve all those problems and challenges I've built a semi-automated workflow:
- Extract components for various template engines (Jinja2, PUG, Blade) from flat HTML files using an HTML parser written in Python / BS4
- Inject the processed design into existing boilerplate code: Django / Flask Admin Dashboards, Static Sites, Jamstack, simple Flask Web Apps
- Execute automatically a minimum set of tests using Puppeteer and Selenium.
Latest Django Product - Datta Able
Admin Dashboard generated by the AppSeed platform in Django Framework on top of Datta Able, a modern Bootstrap 4 dashboard template. The Django codebase is provided with authentication, database, ORM, and deployment scripts.
Latest Flask Product - Volt Bootstrap 5
Design Themesberg, coded by AppSeed
Open-Source Flask Dashboard coded with basic modules, database, ORM, and deployment scripts on top of Volt (free version), a modern Bootstrap dashboard design.
Volt is a free and open-source Bootstrap 5 Admin Dashboard featuring over 100 components, 11 example pages, and 3 customized plugins. Volt does not require jQuery as a dependency meaning that every library and script is jQuery-free.
All admin dashboards are coded in Flask Microframework with SQLite database, authentication ORM, and deployment scripts for Docker, HEROKU
- Flask Datta Able - product page
- Flask Dashboard Argon - product page
- Flask Star Admin - product page
- Atlantis Lite - Flask - product page
Simple Django starters enhanced with basic modules, authentication and deployment scripts.
- Django Dashboard Argon - product page
- Django Dashboard Volt - product page
- Django Atlantis Dark - product page
- Django Star Admin - product page
Free & Commercial, prototyped on top of Eleventy (11ty) and Panini SSG. Tooling: Webpack, Sass/SCSS, Babel, Light-server, PostCSS, CSSnano.
- (Free) Eleventy Html5Up Paradigm - product page
- (Free) Eleventy Html5Up Ethereal - product page
- 11ty Material Kit PRO - product page
- 11ty Soft Design PRO - product page
Free web apps built on top of well-known UI Kits, equipped with authentication, SQLite database, ORM, and a clean code-base.
Flask Pixel UI Kit - Free app built on top of an
accessibility firstUI Kit
- Flask App IraDesign - product page
- Flask Pixel PRO - product page
Web apps built-in two-tier architecture where the UI is decoupled from the backend.
- Flask Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
- Laravel Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
Express Vuejs - Argon Design - Free, MIT License
Flask React - Material Design - Free, MIT License
React Express - Material Design - Free, MIT License
Laravel React - Material Design - Free, MIT License
- Full-Stack - two tier architecture with Vue, React frontend - MIT License
- Nodejs, Laravel and Flask boilerplate code - MIT License
- Enhance the HTML parser to convert legacy HTML design to Vue, React, Angular themes
- Generate themes for modern frameworks (GatsbyJS, Gridsome, HUGO) starting from a Bootstrap based design
- Design migrations from legacy CSS frameworks (Bootstrap) to Bulma and Tailwind.
- Add more boilerplates to be used in the pipeline: Django, Fastify .. you name it.
Thank you! Btw, my (nick) name is Sm0ke and I'm pretty active also on Twitter.