In this article, I will present a simple Django Starter coded on top of Argon Design UI Kit (Free Version) - Django Dashboard - Argon Design.
The web app comes with a basic set of features (session-based authentication, modular code-base, UI-Ready) and a permissive (MIT) license. My (nick) name is Sm0ke - Thanks for reading!
App Links (for fast runners)
- Django Boilerplate - Argon Design - product page
- Django Boilerplate Argon Demo - LIVE app
- More Django Dashboards - hosted by AppSeed
Thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
What is Boilerplate Code
In programming, boilerplate code is a piece of software that can be reused over and over without changing a single line of code. The whole idea behind a starter (sometimes boilerplate code) is to skip coding that piece of code common to many projects.
Wikipedia Definition - In computer programming, boilerplate code or just boilerplate are sections of code that have to be included in many places with little or no alteration. When using languages that are considered verbose, the programmer must write much code to accomplish only minor functionality. Such code is called boilerplate
Django (web framework)
Django is a Python-based free and open-source web framework, which follows the model-template-view architectural pattern. It is maintained by the Django Software Foundation, an independent organization established as a 501 non-profit. Django's primary goal is to ease the creation of complex, database-driven websites - Wikipedia Definition
- Django - Official website
- Django Documentation
- Django Boilerplate starter, supported by AppSeed
- Django Dashboard - a dashboard boilerplate versioned by AppSeed
Open-Source Django Boilerplate on top of Argon Dashboard Design (Free Version).
- UI-Ready app, SQLite Database, Django Native ORM
- Modular design, clean code-base
- Session-Based Authentication, Forms validation
- Deployment scripts: Docker, Gunicorn / Nginx
- MIT License - can be used for unlimited projects
- Active support via Email and Discord
$ # Get the code $ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/django-dashboard-argon.git $ cd django-dashboard-argon $ $ # Virtualenv modules installation (Unix based systems) $ virtualenv --no-site-packages env $ source env/bin/activate $ $ # Virtualenv modules installation (Windows based systems) $ # virtualenv --no-site-packages env $ # .\env\Scripts\activate $ $ # Install modules $ # SQLIte version $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt $ $ # Create tables $ python manage.py makemigrations $ python manage.py migrate $ $ # Start the application (development mode) $ python manage.py runserver $ $ # Access the web app in browser: http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Please find bellow a few screen-shots captured from a LIVE clone:
Django Boilerplate Argon - Maps Page
Django Boilerplate Argon - UI Icons Page
Django Boilerplate Argon - Main Dashboard Page
- Django Dashboard Argon - product page
- Django Dashboard Argon - source code published on Github
- Django Admin Dashboards - a curated index supported by AppSeed
The app is @WIP, feel free to suggest features or contribute. Thank you!