Many times we have to write our entire portfolio from scratch just to add our favorite tech stack make it responsive, SEO optimized with inbuilt CMS, and all the analytics goodies without spending a dime on third-party plugins that are vaguely customizable and we don't know whats going on under the hood.
As software engineer we should build stuff ourselves, plugins are for a noob
Well, I a not saying that we should always reinvent the wheel but it's always a good idea to know what we are using and I personally struggle with plugins that are not customizable.
So I am making this portfolio boilerplate to integrate open-source tools(use what's been made) and build upon it a great website that is optimized both in performance and SEO with inbuilt analytics and a CMS which is more like WordPress CMS so that it's not used to post articles but customize the entire site. Moreover, this will be production-ready for deployment on the digital ocean app platform to get started asap.
Framework/Tech Stack -
- Next JS => Maintainable UI components because of React, Server-Side-Rendering for SEO friendliness, inbuilt routing.
- Bulma CSS => Responsive by default, nice looking components.
- Django => Hail to the most secure and perfectionist framework for the backend development.
- Django-rest-framework => Make it API based, leverage JAM stack.
- Wagtail CMS => Most flexible CMS to work with, as powerful as WordPress CMS, helps in SEO optimization too.
- Support for google analytics integration
It can be said that It's an over-kill for making a portfolio website with such optimization.
Please suggest any tech-stack/Framework to include to make it most awesome WEBSITE boilerplate