📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up on our Docs page.
You can now accept more European payment methods from anywhere in the world without any foreign incorporation or local bank setup.
- You can accept payments with SEPA Debit, Bancontact, EPS, giropay, iDEAL, Przelewy24, and Sofort with any Stripe integration.
- You can add these payment methods to Stripe Checkout with a single line of code. No manual activation in the Dashboard required.
- We'll handle cross-border money movement and pay out earnings in your preferred currency. All your payments—regardless of payment method—will show up in your unified reports in the Dashboard.
- Merchant tax IDs on invoices: You can now enter your business tax ID in the Dashboard or via the API and it’ll be displayed on invoices.
- Customer portal updates: We’ve added support for updating quantities for per-seat and tiered billing subscriptions, updating customer details such as email or billing address, and redeeming promo codes. Read the guide to learn more.
SetupAttemptobject in the API: You can now see the result of an attempt to confirm a
SetupIntentwith the new SetupAttempt object when setting up and saving payment details to use later.
- Dashboard flow improvements: We’ve improved common workflows such as managing subscriptions, issuing refunds, sending invoices, and keeping track of customers. Learn more.
- Developer office hours: See how to build a custom page for accepting a payment with Stripe Elements.
- Hacktoberfest video: Learn some tips and tricks for getting started with Stripe’s developer tools and meet our open-source maintainers at our event for Hacktoberfest.
- Tutorial: TestDriven.io shows how to add subscription payments with Stripe to a Django web app.
Lightning talk: Nick DeJesus shares how to build a Stripe-powered shopping cart at Netlify’s Headless Commerce Summit.
Walkthrough: Learn how to build a no-code payment platform with Adalo.
Firebase Summit: Join us for a two-day virtual event on Oct. 27-28 to learn about updates to Firebase, including our official Stripe Billing extensions.
Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month: hibariya, agnoski, kaznovac, anuragsati (stripe-samples); elliottt, Morriar, KaanOzkan (sorbet); olleolleolle (stripe-ruby); topherdavis (stripe-dotnet); msamoylov, KlotzAndrew, jheth (stripe-go)
We’ve launched several channels for you to stay connected with the developer community:
- Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for developer updates and answers to your technical questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
- Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for developer office hours, live streams, and online workshops.
- Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of the dev digest.