📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on dev.to! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, enter your email in the footer of stripe.com/docs.
This month, we’re excited to share a slate of updates that have been highly requested by developers: for platforms and marketplaces, we've completely overhauled the UI for Stripe Connect’s onboarding flow. We've also added support to pay out sellers and service providers without writing code and support for coupons for recurring payments in Checkout and our Firebase Extension. Read on for the details and to explore new samples, resources, and videos.
Connect’s prebuilt, optimized user interfaces help you onboard customers and get them set up for payments quickly and easily.
We’ve improved the UI for Standard accounts with:
- customizable co-branding to match your company’s look and feel
- the ability to prefill customer info via the API
- autosaving and resuming of partially completed forms
- mobile optimization
- localization for 35+ countries and 14 languages
- Payouts without code: Platforms in the US can now use Stripe Connect to create connected accounts and send funds from the Dashboard—no code required.
- Checkout + coupons: We've added support for coupons in Stripe Checkout for recurring payments.
- Dashboard UI update: Check out the cleaner updated look for the Stripe Dashboard.
- Unified Alipay integration: You can now integrate one of the most popular digital wallets in China using the Payment Intents and Payment Methods API, eliminating the need to maintain an integration for our legacy Sources API.
- Firebase Extension updates: We’ve added support for promotion codes and setting tax rates when starting a subscription.
- Developer office hours: Watch how to set up native mobile payments with the Stripe Android SDK and Firebase Cloud Functions.
- AWS Amplify livestreams: Check out our playlist for AWS Amplify and Stripe to learn how you can implement CRUD operations and authentication for fullstack serverless e-commerce integrations.
- Watch our roundtable on “Open source for progress” where open-source experts discuss how community-created work shapes the sphere of our influence.
- We hosted developer experience leaders from Honeycomb, Twilio, and Harvest in a panel discussion on how to foster empathy in engineering to encourage better user experiences.
- Join us at Jamstack Conf Virtual on October 6 and 7 for a workshop on getting started with payments using the Jamstack.
- We’re participating in this year’s Hacktoberfest to contribute to the open-source community and we’d love to have you join us. Sign up for updates.
- Sample app: Damian Mehers put together a Xamarin Forms Stripe app based on our iOS and Android examples.
- Tutorial: Walk through how to integrate Stripe into a Xamarin Forms app with DuckPage, including how to use PaymentIntent and manage 3D Secure for payment validation.
- Tutorial: Michael Herman shows how to add one-time payments with Stripe to a Flask app or a Django website.
- Stripe Press: Nadia Eghbal’s book, Working in Public: The Making and Maintenance of Open Source Software, is available now.
- Increment: The latest edition of our magazine about how teams build and operate software systems at scale is out! It's on all things APIs.
- We’ve launched a new social media account dedicated to developer updates. Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter.
What would you like to see more (or less) of? We’d love to hear your feedback at email@example.com. If you have questions, comments, or need help with code, we’re here to help via email, on IRC at #stripe on freenode, on Twitter at @StripeDev, or on Stack Overflow at the stripe-payments tag.
– Your friends at Stripe