📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up on our Docs page.
November dev digest
Perspectives on remote software development and the future of remote work
Remote work is even more top of mind now for developers than at the beginning of the year. The latest issue of Increment explores the nature and nuances of remote work, and explores engineering and management practices that support collaboration, productivity, and inclusivity on remote development teams.
- Remote at scale: Engineering leaders at Google Cloud, HashiCorp, InVision, and Range share their approaches to remote incident response, avoiding silos, and making major technical decisions remotely.
- Building remotely: How Automattic, Auth0, and Basecamp build, grow, and support remote teams, products, and software development methodologies.
- Committing to collaboration: A look at how the early open-source movement and version control paved the way for today’s remote software development processes.
Stay updated with new features
- Stripe Climate contributions: With the new contribution type in the Balance Transaction API, you can see your Stripe Climate contributions. Climate lets you contribute a portion of your revenue to fund emerging carbon removal technologies in just a few clicks—no code required. Learn more.
- CVC (card verification code) re-collection: You can now use Stripe Elements to re-collect a CVC when accepting a payment with a saved card. Having the correct CVC can be a strong signal that the charge is being made by the cardholder. Read more in our payments docs or watch CJ Avilla build a quick integration using the new CVC Element.
- Payout reversal: Connect platforms can now reverse a payout if funds have been paid out to the wrong bank account.
- New Quotes API: We’ve released a beta of our Quotes API that lets you provide pricing estimates to customers before starting a subscription or invoice.
- More options for SEPA Direct Debit payments: You can now set up recurring SEPA Direct Debit payments using iDeal, Bancontact, and Sofort. Learn how to set up subscriptions with SEPA Direct Debit in your Billing integration.
- Discounts support for Checkout sessions: Checkout now supports a discounts parameter, a more streamlined way to apply discounts using a coupon or promotion code.
Learn with videos, demos, and guides
- DigitalOcean deploy talk: Learn how to quickly set up and accept payments for your business in our talk at deploy by DigitalOcean.
- Developer office hours: CJ Avilla walks through the Ruby on Rails fundamentals you need to know before starting a Stripe integration.
- October developer digest highlights: Missed the last dev digest? Check out our 3-minute recap of the highlights.
- Flask tutorial: TestDriven.io shows how to set up and collect subscription payments with Stripe and Flask.
- Bubble no-code tutorial: Learn how to build a no-code customer portal with Bubble and Stripe.
- Firebase Summit demo: Check out a demo of the Stripe Billing Firebase Extension starting at 9:58 in the Firebase Summit Keynote.
- FLOSS and Code hackathon: Join us at a hackathon during GitHub Universe where we’ll teach developers how to use open-source resources to launch e-commerce sites for small business owners in their communities.
- Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month:
- MohammedAtif (stripe-android); pavanjadhaw (stripe-node); bdewater (stripe-ruby); hibariya, anatolzak, jlengstorf (stripe-samples); garuma, Ilya, giovannibonetti, bss, paracycle (sorbet).
- Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for developer updates and answers to your technical questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
- Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for developer office hours, live streams, and online workshops.
- Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of the dev digest.
Top comments (0)