I was just amused by this automation and found it to my utmost satisfaction and
We're gonna setup our SABnzbd++ to download webseries and its upcoming episodes without user interaction. Hence Automating the whole process of searching and downloading.
$ sudo apt-get install software-properties-common $ sudo add-apt-repository multiverse $ sudo add-apt-repository universe $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jcfp/nobetas $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jcfp/sab-addons $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade $ sudo apt-get install sabnzbdplus python-sabyenc $ sudo apt-get install par2-tbb
- Vist here https://free-usenet.com/login/
Go to Free Account tab and copy the credentials and use them to login to http://localhost:8080
After Logging in,
- click Config. Beneath Config, click General. First you'll find the configuration for the SABnzbd web server. Set bandwidth limit to 1Mbps
- In the last config sub-category, Sorting, you can do some pretty neat things with the organization of your downloads. There are a couple of sorting options, You can use this to sort episodes however you'd like. Here's one example:
%sn - Episode %s%0e - %en.%ext
Show Name - Episode 105 - Episode Name.avi
Now that you've set up SAB, it's time to give it something to download. SAB downloads and processes files via NZBs.
Head over to
We'll find RSS feed of our favorite series, movies or any packages that we need to download.
- Search for any show or webseries
- Click on the RSS Feed option, you'll be redirected to a new tab containing XML version
- Copy the URL of the new tab and headover to your http://localhost:8080 and add a new RSS url with the url you copied
- Leave and Enjoy