last week i received my one-year badge on DEV and i realized it's been a whole year since i decided i wanted to learn how to code. my first post here was a #shecoded one, and i love it how my DEV anniversary will always mean a new reflection on my career development and a new post on #shecoded as well.
i like writing long, entertaining stories, but today i'm gonna be quick and do a little throwback.
so, one year ago i...
- had just decided i wanted to learn Python
- had a career producing videos and digital content
- had something deeply missing in my life
- was bored to death
and today i am...
- studying for a degree as a back-end developer
- looking for a full career change - sending my cv to every internship opening i see
- overcharged with work-study-housework balance
- learning how to cook (very, VERY) quick and healthy meals
- lacking sleep and with a deeper coffee addiction (but i quitted smoking, so yay?)
switching careers is never easy - you have ALL the student responsibilities, plus ALL the freelancer worker responsibilities, plus ALL the household responsibilities.
am i exhausted as i have never been? hell yeah.
coding is a major part of my life right now? nope
studying for university sucks all of my time and enerdy? yup
do i want my bed right now? yes please
but nevertheless, i am coding - and i have never been happier :)
Top comments (0)