On July 20th, 2018, Tigren released its new extension: Address Autocomplete for Magento 2. This extension was developed with the purpose of enhancing the current Magento 2 checkout process. More specifically, it allows the customers to complete the required Shipping fields quickly with the autocomplete function. Instead of typing all of the address fields (street, city, province/state, subdistrict, zip/postal code) in turn, now the users just need to select one of these fields then the remaining will be auto-filled instantly.
Moreover, one of the biggest advantages of this Address Autocomplete for Magento 2 extension (over other similar Google Address Autocomplete extensions) is that it doesn't depend on Google API. The admins can actively manage and update the address database (input and output). As a result, they don't need to update the module too often according to API changes and pay Google for using its API on a monthly basis.
- Applying the autocomplete function on both Checkout page and Address Book
- Being able to choose between 2 suggestion types: Autocomplete and Dropdown
- Adding the Subdistrict field into the Shipping section to get more accurate addresses
- Moving the billing address from Step 2 on the checkout (Review & Payment) to Step 1 (under Shipping address) to improve the customer experience
- Actively importing address data into Magento 2 database without using Google API
Notes: If you select the Dropdown suggestion type, the workflow is quite different. In particular, the shoppers must select their Country, State/ Province, City, and Subdistrict in order, and then the Zip/Postal code will be auto-filled. It's also worth noting that, after the State/ Province is selected, the City list will be narrowed down immediately to options related to that State/ Province. (The process is repeated for the City and the Subdistrict). Although the flow of Dropdown suggestion differs from the Autocomplete type, both of them are immensely useful to cut down the checkout time.
View Magento 2 Address Autocomplete extension's demos and download it here.