Welcome to the weird notes of a new DevOps and Backend engineer. This is my (quite open) notebook on what was all the stuff I read and learnt. Not necessarily tech, you can just read on and understand what I am rambling on about.
- Opentelemetry logs are painful as fuck. Nothing official in terms of documentation :) I swear to god I feel I will find a good implementation and I will DOCUMENT IT FFS.
- The other night I jotted down a blogpost for traces + opentelemetry + sentry. I hope folks would love it. Golang, Opentelemetry, and Sentry — The Underrated Distributed Tracing Stack
- Also, fluentd ---> OTEL Collector integration? YOU ARE PAINFUL :) Idk what kubernetes service guide I need to revisit because I am sure af not getting anywhere in this respect.
- Get done with one more exam.
- Setup the log system locally and see if it works.
- Upload the rules files.
- Go through the exporter fix PR in the weekend maybe. Or if time allows tomorrow.
Thanks for listening to the rant.