Some things of interest to developers are: Some new Block Api's like server side Block styles and a Block example Api. Block Editor Theme-related updates. Updates to Image Processing. Support for the upcoming Php 7.4. Some updates to the REST Api like support for object and array Meta types. Functions to add UGC attribute to links. And Gutenberg 6.7
Also don't forget to check out the WordCamp US 2019 Livestream from November 1th till November 2th.
- Not attending WordCamp US 2019? How to watch from home by WpTavern.
- "Tweet this" blockquote in Gutenberg block editor by Bill Erickson.
- Creating custom Gutenberg blocks with React and WordPress part 1 by Tim Smith.
- Should you add WordPress maintenance to your service offering? By Suzanne Scacca.
- Postmortem of Gutenberg the launch, So we can embrace Gutenberg the product by Leonardo Losoviz.
- "Create Once, Publish Everywhere" with WordPress by Leonardo Losoviz.
- Automatic image alt tags and more with Image SEO by WpTavern.
- Reusable blocks accessible in WordPress admin area by Bill Erickson.
Shameless self promotion :p
- Access post meta fields through WP_Post by Stephan Nijman.
- Using Laravel d() and dd() helpers in WordPress by Stephan Nijman.
- WordPress: Add custom logo support to your theme by Stephan Nijman.
- 7 Important tips for writing better Css by Cem Eygi.
- Two ways to create an image with a colour overlay in CSS by Ellen Macpherson.
- A modern Css reset by Andy Bell.
- Images with hoverable overlays by Milan Radojević.
- Using CSS custom properties (variables) by Arbaoui Mehdi.
- Introducing Sass modules by Miriam Suzanne..
- Flexbox -- The ultimate Css Flex cheatsheet by Beau Carnes.
- Margin collapse explained by images by Carlos Medeiros.
- Improving Csss performance and file size -- an in-depth guide by Adrian Bece.
- How frontend developers can empower designer's work by Sandrina Pereira.
- Why Parcel has become my go-to bundler for development by Maks Akymenko
Have a great November.