I made a 20 min video (link at the bottom) that demonstrates how to deploy a simple FastAPI app to App Engine on Google Cloud Platform.
This tutorial can be followed along to practice on your own provided that you have a billing enabled GCP account.
This tutorials covers very basic details like
- Creating a project in GCP,
- Accessing the Cloud shell,
- Clone the repository on to Cloud Shell VM,
- Do a Sanity hosting of the FastAPI on Cloud Shell VM and explain about worker processes
- Create an App Engine
- Deploy FastAPI on to App Engine
- Check Logs of App Engine
- Clean up and Shutdown Project once practiced the tutorial.
I have performed this deployment and shutdown the project after I'm done with deployment and learning a couple of months ago. So no bill has been generated for me. I do not even have credits active at the time of performing this tutorial.