DEV Community

loading...

Fork Issue Pull Merge

zg3d profile image Devansh Shah ・1 min read

Path Normalized

The first repo I forked was https://github.com/hyunjiLeeTech/URL-FI. while I went over the code I found that the file reader was only taking 1 type of file pat. So, I thought of normalizing the path and to do this I added the path dependency and used the method path.normalize(); with this normalizing the path. I also added the path dependency into the package.json. You can see the accepted pull request here https://github.com/hyunjiLeeTech/URL-FI/pull/7 .

Optimized Head

The Second repo I forked was https://github.com/joey2031/OSD600-Release0.1. After, I read through the repo I saw that when fetching the status code of links. This person was using the default get request. I found they were only using the status code so I thought a head request might be more efficient. So, I simply added a object param {method:'HEAD'} which should increase the speed at the links are fetched. Here is the pull request
https://github.com/joey2031/OSD600-Release0.1/pull/8.

Discussion (0)

pic
Editor guide