Hi Everyone 👋,
It is my second time writing for #shecoded.
Last year, I found my community and no longer be alone.
And since then, so many things have happened, and I learned much more throughout the year.
Challenges That I Have Overcome
I had a massive burnout, followed by some imposter syndromes.
I thought I would give up entirely.
After taking some breaks (and with some support from my communities), I got back and even made more achievements ❤.
My Achievements in 2021
- I was one of February 2021 — Writers of the Month.
- I was one of Top 7 on DEV for three times in 2021, on March, August and November.
- I made it into CodeNewbie Community Spotlight — April 2021.
- One of my articles was featured in the top 20 articles of the week on Hashnode in June 2021.
- I was a guest at Virtual Coffee podcast. And it was my first time being on a podcast!
- My short video got picked as one of CodeLand 2021 recess videos.
- I completed the HacktoberFest 2021!
- I earned "OSS Documentarian" and "OSS Mentor" badges on Hashnode.
Collaboration & Open Source
As I mentioned in the title, I learned much more throughout 2021.
I was thrilled to get accepted for a React project collaboration program at The Collab Lab!
I learned how to collaborate on a project in a remote team and use Git & GitHub.
I still need to learn more about React. But I learned so much about teamwork. A valuable experience that I can't get as a self-taught developer.
As I got accepted at The Collab Lab, HacktoberFest 2021 happened.
With the collaboration going on, I would be pleased if I could at least contribute to one open-source.
But in the end, I completed HacktoberFest with eight contributions in total.
This journey has grown my interest in open-source and accessibility tremendously.
Giving Back To Communities
I'm very grateful to take part as one of the Program Committee and posts' tag moderator for CodeNewbie's CodeLand 2021.
I'm also very proud and happy to be the Documentation Lead at Virtual Coffee.
And recently, I'm taking the offer to be one of the Code of Conduct mentors for our cohorts at The Collab Lab!
I'm the type of person who doesn't set long-term goals.
I'm more of a go-with-a-flow kind of person 😅.
But this year, I have a goal to push through with learning and land my feet on my first job in tech! 😊
Nevertheless, Ayu Coded in 2022 And Learned Much More! 💪
Thank you for reading!
Last, you can find me on Twitter. Let's connect! 😊
Top comments (3)
Thanks for sharing, Ayu. What an amazing year!!!!
Thank you for reading, Shelley! ❤😄