If you are thinking of freelancing and currently have a full-time job, my best advice is to make sure you first build a network for yourself. Slowly progress to freelancing over time, by doing bits of development work such as making small websites, apps and such until you are ready to fully shift into it.
The summary of my experience and tips:
- Have well place contracts in place for any work you do
- Payment should be agreed on in advanced and where possible;
- Do 50% upfront and 50% on delivery
- Check-in with the clients to make sure everyone is on the same page
- Be careful of places like Upwork and Fiverr
- Focus on networking and talking with people to build your freelancing
- Reach out to people and show them your work and that you are interested
- Consider if you enjoy freelancing, maybe it's not for you
- If you want to swap from full time to freelancing, don't just go straight in;
- Transition slowly, go part-time, build up your network of clients;
- Until you are ready to quit your job, and have established income for freelancing
Any tip's I've missed out, how has your experience been?
Special thanks if you subscribe to my channel :)
I will try to post new great content every day. Here are the latest items: