I recently passed the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Examination(AZ 900). It was an awesome learning journey and I learned a lot about Azure and Cloud Computing. This article is related to the same. What is Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals examination and how to prepare for it.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services — including servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence — over the Internet (“the cloud”) to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. You typically pay only for cloud services you use, helping lower your operating costs, run your infrastructure more efficiently and scale as your business needs change.
What is Azure?
Azure is a cloud computing platform with an ever-expanding set of services to help you build solutions to meet your business goals. The Azure cloud platform is more than 200 products and cloud services designed to help you bring new solutions to life — to solve today’s challenges and create the future. Build, run and manage applications across multiple clouds, on-premises and at the edge, with the tools and frameworks of your choice.
To become Microsoft certified in Azure Fundamentals, you need to pass the AZ-900 Examination.
The AZ-900 is the exam needed to get the Azure Fundamentals certification. The exam is intended for candidates who are just beginning to work with cloud-based solutions and services or are new to Azure.
How to prepare for AZ 900 Examination?
Microsoft Learn is an amazing platform to learn about Microsoft technologies. For Azure too, you should visit Microsoft Learn. I am mentioning the important links related to this Certification and also links to the learning paths which you need to prepare for this examination:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Azure Fundamentals part 1: Describe core Azure concepts
- Azure Fundamentals part 2: Describe core Azure services
- Azure Fundamentals part 3: Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure
- Azure Fundamentals part 4: Describe general security and network security features
- Azure Fundamentals part 5: Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
- Azure Fundamentals part 6: Describe Azure cost management and service level agreements
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 Exam Prep Specialization AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Free Full Course and Study Guide
- FreeCodeCamp’s Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Course
You can practice through practice tests like Mindhub’s AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Microsoft Official Practice Test and Whizlabs’ Microsoft Azure Exam AZ-900 Certification Practice Tests.
What is the question pattern and marks distribution of the AZ 900 examination?
According to the most updated terms and conditions, the following is the exam skill outline and question distribution:
- Describe cloud concepts (20–25%)
- Describe core Azure services (15–20%)
- Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure (10–15%)
- Describe general security and network security features (10–15%)
- Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features (20–25%)
- Describe Azure cost management and Service Level Agreements (10–15%)
The questions are mainly theory based and are majorly MCQ based with around 40–60 questions which are to be answered in 60 minutes.
So, this is it. If you are done with above mentioned stuff, you are good to go for the AZ-900 examination.
All the best!