This workshop will focus on using Parcel - a web application bundler - to bundle up and serve a Typescript & React project without writing a configuration file! Parcel is a quick and lightweight alternative to bundlers like Webpack and Rollup. We'll discuss bundling in general, dive into some source code, and go over the steps required to set up and add dependencies to our application.
All levels are welcome! Prior experience with a bundler is helpful for context, but not required.
- 0:00: Introduction
- 4:30: TLDR; Bundlers
- 5:55: Ways of creating production code
- 7:40: Enter the Webpack!
- 10:12: What you get with Parcel
- 11:55: Let's try it! Starting from Scratch
- 20:00: "Automagically" Installed Dependencies
- 29:30: What about production?
- 30:35: Writing a configuration file
- 33:25: The Takeaway
This DEV Live Stream was recorded on July 23, 2018
Join the next Live Stream. See all upcoming events here.