I was using docker for windows for a while but it's network adapters doesn't work well for me. causes DNS problems and ....
So I tried to use Docker without hyper-v and came up with this idea of using docker with vmware workstation.
This is how to setup a simple environment:
- Install VMware Workstation
- Download Docker binaries from https://download.docker.com/win/
- Download Docker machine binaries from https://github.com/docker/machine/releases
- Download Docker Machine Vmware Workstation driver form https://github.com/pecigonzalo/docker-machine-vmwareworkstation/releases
- Extract & Move downloaded files to a directory in your path
docker-machine create --driver=vmwareworkstation devin cmd to create a machine
docker-machine env dev > dockerdev.batin cmd to create a batch file called dockerdev.bat and copy/move it to your path
- Execute the batch file created in step 7 (dockerdev)