If you have an existing domain and wanted to point your subdomain to your web app that you deployed in Firebase then here's how:
- In your Firebase Hosting Dashboard, Click the 'Add custom domain' button.
- Enter the domain
- Verify the ownership by copying the TXT code
- In your Domain, go to Manage DNS Records or similar and add a new TXT type with your subdomain and paste the TXT code
- Back to your Firebase page, it should let you verify the ownership and now it will give you the IP address.
- Then back to your DNS Records page, add a new A type, with your subdomain and paste the IP address.
- Then Go Live.
- Wait for a few minutes for the propagation, it depends on your DNS but usually it will only take 15-30 minutes.
- You can check once its live in your Firebase dashboard if the subdomain says 'Connected'.
That's it! Let me know if you have questions